Ascendix Search supports map icon configurations for both maps: Google Maps and OpenStreetMap. Optionally, the product allows using own icon library.
Ascendix Search with Customized Map Pins
Please follow the instructions to configure custom icons:
Step 1. Prepare zip archive file with icons:
- Create a local folder in your machine with the appropriate name (for example MyFavoriteIcons)
- Add the set of icons into the folder. (Note: the supported formats: gif, jpeg, png)
- Add all icons to archive without inner folders. (Note: the supported archive format is zip only)
Step 2. Add prepared zip file to the Static resource:
- From Setup, enter Static Resources in the Quick Find box, then select Static Resources.
- Click New.
- In the Name text box, enter the text that will be used for custom icons.
- Next to the File text box, click Choose File to navigate to a local copy of the resource that you want to upload.
- Set the Cache-Control to the public
- Click Save
Step 3. Configure custom icons for Ascendix Search
- As a System Administrator, navigate to the Ascendix Search
- After Ascendix Search loads, click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the Ascendix Search component to open the Ascendix Search Setup dialog
- Select the Mapping tab
- Select the uploaded resource in the Static resource for custom map icons dropdown menu
- Click the Save button to close the Ascendix Search Setup dialog
After this configuration, your icons appear in the Custom icons block in the icon picker.